We enjoyed spectacular views, a picnic, some shut-eye on a blanket, a hike, and an extraordinary experience with wild animals! All this, including beautiful blue skies for under $25.00.
After our hike, picnic and nap, we stumbled upon The Wild Park, an up close and personal, privately-owned zoo with animals such as bobcats, black bears and bengal tigers. While we walked through the park, we watched the feeding of the tigers and a wolf seminar.
Chittenango Falls State Park - hike and picnic
The Wild Park
What to bring:
Cooler with sandwiches, snacks, water
Sunscreen if necessary
- Chittenango Falls State Park fee is $5.00 on weekends - or free for military members.
- Lunch sandwiches and snacks shouldn't be more than $5.00 if you are an extreme couponer and can gather up some snacks from your stock.
- The Wild Park is $9 per adult.
- Head to The Wild Park first and hit the falls at sunset for great photo ops.
- While in town, check out All Things Oz, open on Friday's and Saturday's in the Village of Chittenango. It's a fantastic tribute to L. Frank Baum and The Wizard of Oz, including a museum and store.